Friday, February 21, 2014

A trip down memory lane...THE BEAUTICIAN'S STORY.

I thought to share this story with you my sweet peeps. A true life story.I actually don't know if the memory makes me smile or..sad! This happened some years ago,say 6 years or so..
   I accompanied my friend ,Ese to a nails'shop around new benin axis in Benin city to get her nails done. As I looked round the numerous beauticians calling on us to come fix our nails,i smiled ruefully. Little did they know I had the habit of biting my natural nails and then chewing on them! What was the essence of fixing false nails when I couldn't 'benefit' from biting them??! I shook my head and pointed at my short nails. "Aunty,we fit fix am for you like that! E go fine o!" one of them called on top of her voice.
"Pretty Aunty,i fix nails so well! Please come and fix your nails. You won't regret it!" another called. The voices of the beauticians begging for patronage were becoming almost deafening now!
And then my friend located her customer and the voices mellowed,each of them still clinging to some flicker of hope that I might yet decide to do mine. Suddenly my eyes drew to this particular,lonely looking girl. She was calling on me softly to come fix my nails. Her voice wasn't the loudest,in fact it was almost inaudible. Oh my Goodness,she was even in tattered clothing. I went to her and sat down. The other beauticians were taken aback and soon clamped their mouths. Wordlessly I stretched out my nails and she started to work on them immediately.  Then all of a sudden I said to her," You are married.. where's your husband and children?" she looked at me in astonishment then quickly returned to the task of fixing my nails. She was silent for long moments. Honestly I didn't know where that sprung from! I too was shocked. Perhaps I was getting clairvoyant.. Perhaps..perhaps meme was becoming a prophetess now?Lol..
  Well,the silence stretched for quite a long time before she burst into tears and started to recount her life ordeals : her husband was late. She deserted the village cos her in-laws were such malicious people . She'd come to the city to hustle,so she could return someday to the village to rescue her children. Ha,tears welled up in my eyes. I comforted and encouraged her to stay strong. My friend and I left afterwards with the promise to stop by again.
     Hmmmm,do you know the next time I visited her shop and excitedly went to her,she pointedly ignored me with her facial expression like ' This aunty that knows too much,abeg o! No come involve me for this side where dem nor know me o!" I left,a bit sad. But I wouldn't blame her. Not everyone gets comfortable that you know a thing or two about them when like seriously they didn't give the information to you in the first place!
 As I write now, I got this small smile lurking around my lips.. I think of that scruffy young lady and hope things are better now. For her.






8 comments:

  1. Anthony Idehen10:39 am

    Meme,do you still bite your nails??loool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bishop Ray King10:42 am

    Prophetess Memeleestilyrical, well that's life for u, but, speaking seriously, she probably thought u were some spiritually powerful young lady, I once had that kinda creepy thought about u too, she must have wondered how u knew she was married with kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omo I don dey fear this Memelyriks oo,now I know where you get ur lyrics from,,huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:23 am

    The girl must fear nah!Ur supposed 'clairvoyance' be wan cost am her daily. Bread for the city.Nice read Meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meme's Admirer11:42 am

    I always find your stories enthralling.nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. star ma'am8:29 pm

    That's life 4 u oo, but come to think about it? U scared her naaa! Shuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:07 am

    Theѕe are in fact gгeat ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some plеasant factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.



    my page - manteau pjs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:11 am

    Wow,meme de meme.if na you nko?u no go take off?huhuhuh

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are not posted by the Blog owner, therefore, the blog owner will not be liable for any comments made by readers.Thank you.

If you need contact Meme on
News/Tip Off/Adverts :-
Email: Memelush96@gmail.com
Mobile Number: 07032474399/08153415711
Instagram:-@memetush
Twitter :@Lysteekal

Been a while!

 Sup y’all? Been ages here. No leave, no transfer. Missed you guys like crazy. Tell me, what’s been happening? Any new gist? Fill me in..